freeradius doesn´t connect to mysql server

Dennis Skinner dskinner at bluefrog.com
Mon Feb 5 22:20:38 CET 2007

Marilene Lima wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am starting the freeradius with my mysql server and I noticed this
> erro: rlm_sql_mysql: Mysql error 'Host 'mysql1.wireless.intranet' is
> not allowed to connect to this MySQL server'
>
> But I already give the privileges to my user radius and add the server
> mysql1.wireless.intranet to my list of hosts knowed.
>
> I use linux Debian and mysql 5.0.33 and the both are in the same
> machine, but they have different ip adress. In the freeradius/sql.conf
> file I configured this:

First, this does not look like a FreeRADIUS problem, so you need to look
elsewhere.

connect to mysql and do:

SHOW GRANTS FOR radius at mysql1.wireless.intranet;

What does it look like?

Are the forward and reverse DNS lookups correct for all IP's on that
host?  For a machine with multiple IP addresses, the source IP of a
packet may not be what you expect it to be and if you are not careful
with DNS/rDNS, then it will look confusing to MySQL and you.

--
Dennis Skinner
Systems Administrator