Hibernating: Major impact on authentication!

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue Feb 6 03:06:30 CET 2007

Mr. Franco,

I have not looked at the DB connection code, but is there a connection
timer on the DB connection. That is, does the connection get dropped
and restarted occasionally or does it persist until the connection dies?
If the latter, the problem could be that the long running connections
are not allowing the indexes and table spaces to be maintained properly.
This could cause bloat and performance problems over time. After a
restart it would clear up since now the vacuum DB maintenance process
can clear the outstanding blocks. A restart of each connection handle
every few thousand or so queries by the radius server would solve that
problem. Just an idea.

Ken