Again: Major impact on authentication!

Guilherme Franco guilhermefranco at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 14:03:42 CET 2007

Hello,

Thanks to everyone!

I'm using Oracle just for radcheck/radacct and PostgreSQL for radippool only.

No, Mr. Peter, no one is using dial-up admin nor anything alike when
the problem occurs, just pure auth (without acct).

I've disabled the cron.hourly job and the problem appeared again after
some hours. A simple radiusd restart solves the problem. As this
causes impact, I can't afford to do this all the time just to debug,
but I think I gonna run a script to capture all the radiusd -xxx
messages, so when the behaviour starts, I can see what's happening.

Also, it's important to note that this server is the proxy radius and
those error messages appear:

Error: Discarding duplicate request from client ERX-1:50000 - ID: 115
due to unfinished request 32

Info: The maximum number of threads (32) are active, cannot spawn new
thread to handle request

Error: WARNING: Unresponsive child (id 1315006816) for request 105

With acct:

Error: rlm_sql (sql) in sql_accounting: stop packet with zero session
length. [user 'joe.black at foo.com', nas '10.10.2.1']

Error: Internal error processing module entry

Thank you.