authentication according to nas ip adress

Stefan Winter stefan.winter at restena.lu
Thu Feb 8 07:56:21 CET 2007

Hello,

(please send your messages to the mailing list for the benefit of everyone)

> Hey, this problem is almost exactly related to what I'm trying to do which
> is give 2 different responses based on the source NAS ID. The user could
> potentially come from either NAS IP, but they need a specific response that
> is different depending on which NAS they send the request from. Is there a
> way to do this in SQL form?

I prefer doing it in the users file, as in

DEFAULT		Client-IP-Address == 1.2.3.4
	Your-Reply-Attribute-Here = whatever,
	Another-Reply-Attribute = stuff

In SQL, this is more difficult because AFAIK the DEFAULT user doens't get
evaluated here properly. Not sure though.

Stefan

--
Stefan WINTER

Stiftung RESTENA - Réseau Téléinformatique de l'Education Nationale et de
la Recherche
Ingenieur Forschung & Entwicklung

6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi
L-1359 Luxembourg