Configuring FreeRADIUS and BAM for Motorola Canopy SM authentication and Bandwidth Maanagement

Bernard Ochieng bernard at malawi.net
Thu Feb 8 11:04:40 CET 2007

Alan,

Thank you for your e-mail in which you have sort more explanation on the
problem.

We have deployed Motorola Canopy network using Access Points(AP) and
Subscriber Modules(SM) to provide fixed wireless broadbadn solution to our
customers. Motorola have a management software known as PrizmEMS which
incorporates Bandwidth and Authentication Management (BAM) module in it.
There are several ways to configure the bandwidth and authentication for the
SMs. I opted to use FreeRADIUS which has been configured as per the users
manual provided. I still cannot have the Subscriber Modules be registered to
authentacion eneabled Access Points. When I check the logs it shows that
FreeRADIUS has authenticated the Subscriber Modules however it fails to
authenticate on the Bandwidth and Authentication Management module of the
PrizmEMS s/w. Kindly let me know if this is more clear.

Regards,

Bernard