Mysql - radcheck, radreply, radgroupcheck and radgroupreply

"Fabrício F. Kammer" ffkammer at conchalnet.com.br
Fri Feb 9 16:56:53 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using Freeradius + Mysql to do the MAC Address authentication of the
clients that connection on my APs (Mikrotik machines).

In the mysql I've the follow:

Table usergroup:
UserName = MAC address
GroupName = NAS-Port-ID - (the name of the AP where the client will be
connected - ex. "MyAP1")

Table radgroupcheck:
GroupName = NAS-Port-ID - (the name of the AP where the client will be
connected - ex. "MyAP1")
Then I've four lines for each GroupName with the follow:
Attribute: "Auth-Type" // op: ":=" // Value: "Local"
Attribute: "NAS-IP-Address" // op: "==" // Value: "IP of the AP"
Attribute: "NAS-Port-Identify" // op: "==" // Value: "Name of the AP -
Ex: MyAP1"

On the table radcheck I don't have anything. This table is empty.

In the table radreply I've one record:
UserName: "MAC Address of the client"
Attribute: "Mikrotik-Rate-Limite"
op: "="
Value: "64000/128000"

The problem is: If the Freeradius don't find the UserName on the table
radcheck it doesn't return the attributes that are on the table
radreply, just the records of the table radgroupreply are returned. I
need to return the reply different for each client because this
parameter is the speed of upload and download and this values are
different for each client.

My questio is: Is it possible that the Freeradius return the values of
the table radreply if I don't have any value on the radcheck? (The
authentication was made in the radgroupcheck table)

Thanks in advanced,

Fabrício F.: Kammer