Error: Ignoring request from unknown client IP:1645

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 13 15:26:30 CET 2007

Davide Molteni wrote:
>>> Error: Ignoring request from unknown client ipmycisco:1645
>>   Did you configure the server to have that IP in "clients.conf"?
>
> Sure! With the IP and the same shared key as the cisco NAS client

  <shrug>  The server isn't finding it.

  Are you sure the server is reading the "clients.conf" file you're editing?

> Please notice that I would like to use this radius for simple PAP ONLY.
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong with users file?

  No.

> Please tell me the right way to configure a single test user for PAP
> only. I would like to disable unused modules (ldap,mysql...)

  It's in the FAQ.

> It couldn't be a problem of authentication method?

  No.

> I forgot an important element to tell anyone wants to help.
> I tried to change the shared key on one side (radius) and noticed that
> log file continue to write again the same error
>
> Ignoring request from unknown client IP:1645
>
> So the issue it's due to the fact that cisco client don't exchange
> shared key with radius...

  No.  They don't exchange shared keys.  You MUST list the Cisco's IP in
"clients.conf".

  It looks like you're not doing that, or you're doing it wrong, or
you're editing a file the server isn't reading.