FreeRADIUS + LVS problem

Sam Schultz segfault90 at hushmail.com
Fri Feb 16 19:26:53 CET 2007

According to my research, FreeRADIUS supposedly does work from
behind an LVS load balancer.  My current configuration works
perfectly outside of the LVS, but once it is put behind the LVS it
ceases to work.  Connections seem to succeed even behind the LVS,
until they get to an access challenge, where I get:

rad_recv: Access-Challenge packet from host 192.168.240.111:5058,
id=42, length=64 Authentication reply packet code 11 sent to a non-
proxy reply port from client WPA_Test:5058 - ID 42 : IGNORED

>From what little information I could find on this, it looks like
the freeradius thinks these are proxied requests due to ip mangling
done by the LVS load balancer (Basically, it's a 1:1 NAT).

Has anyone come across anything like this? Any pointers for work-
arounds would definitely be appreciated.

P.S. Alan, I would definitely think this (LVS + FreeRADIUS) would
be a             good topic for your book

--
Click for free info on adult education and start making $150k/ year
http://tagline.hushmail.com/fc/CAaCXv1S62Uaoe8eWguezq8EENBamjiB/