FreeRADIUS + LVS problem

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Feb 19 21:02:03 CET 2007

On Mon 19 Feb 2007 15:27, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Nicolas Baradakis wrote:
> > I see one advantage to use Access-Request "pings": I can test both the
> > RADIUS server and the MySQL backend with a single check.
>
>   Yes.

I see no particular reason why you should not allow a SQL query on a Status
packet. We could have a separate sql query just for Status requests which
does something like "select version()", "select now()" or "select 1". I
think LDAP has something similar as well...

On the other hand testing MySQL from another script is not a huge pain...

--

Peter Nixon
http://www.peternixon.net/