Auth-Type needs to die

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Feb 20 09:43:05 CET 2007

Phil Mayers wrote:
> Auth-Type needs to die. I seriously think it should be replaced with an
> attribute named:
>
> I-Should-Not-Be-Setting-Auth-Type-I-Acknowledge-What-I-Am-Doing-Is-Wrong

  Sounds good to me.  Almost all uses of Auth-Type are wrong.  Third
party documentation and "howtos" are almost all wrong.  The main
difficulty is that deleting it now will break many configurations.

  Maybe a solution is to add huge warnings to the debug output saying
"THIS IS WRONG.  IT WILL BREAK YOUR SYSTEM.".  But the people who need
to not use Auth-Type may not read the debug output, either...