huntgroups & Calling-Station-ID

tnt at kalik.co.yu tnt at kalik.co.yu
Mon Feb 26 00:23:28 CET 2007

We have a problem with filtering users from a telco exchange that isn't
sending us CallerID's. We have on-line account opening, and all new
accounts have 5 hours access. Users with full CallerID's are easily
stopped from abusing the system and using extra accounts.

If the exchange isn't sending full Calling-Station-ID, but only 4 or 5
numbers we can filter the users by using hungroups:

goodone     Calling-Station-ID = 12345, User-Name = gooduser
                   SQL-Group = dial
(this will let that user connect)

banthem     Calling-Station-ID = 12345
                   SQL-Group = reject
(this will stop all others)

What can we do when NAS doesn't have any Calling-Station-ID to send?

Ivan