[SOLVED] CHAP Modification

ChristosH christov at aztecamobile.com
Tue Feb 27 18:04:18 CET 2007

Okay, in the radius.c file they call a function rad_chap_encode() that uses
the password attribute.
Is that what I'm looking for?

It's a VALUE_PAIR type, so could I check and modify the password->length and
password->strvalue in that function?

Or should I back out and modify it in the auth.c rad_check_password () where
it's called? I won't run into any issues if I modify the VALUE_PAIR values,
will I?

Also, is there a C function included in the libraries that will allow me to
convert a hex string to binary? I'm worried I might get stuck in ASCII ->
HEX -> BINARY conversions.