My AP does accountig but radwho doesn't work..

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 3 15:49:39 CET 2007

adreas Polyxronopoulos wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to work the radwho command but i get this error : radwho:
> Error reading /usr/local/var/log/radius/radutmp: No such file or directory

  The file doesn't exist because either the server is not receiving
accounting packets, OR the accounting packets don't contain sufficient
information to create a 'radutmp' entry.

> and when running radiusd -X :

  You've included absolutely nothing from the server receiving packets.
   When the server receives an accounting packet, it will TELL YOU if
the radutmp file is being updated.  That's why debugging output is so
important.

  What you posted was the debugging output from the server starting
up... and doing nothing.  That's not very useful.