0.9.3 > 1.1.0 sql errors

Long along at escapewire.com
Thu Jan 4 13:29:41 CET 2007

>Andrew Long wrote:
>> rlm_sql: Failed to create the pair: Unknown value Administrative for attribute Service-Type
>> rlm_sql (sql): Error getting data from database
>>
>> I am trying to get a second server (ver. 1.1.0) running mostly on the
>> configs from an older (0.9.3). The sql tables are identical (except
>> for some ip changes) and the radiusd.conf, sql.conf, etc are identical
>> except for small details particular to system (I hope).
>

>  The problem you're running into is likely that the dictionaries have
>changed.  Some of the older dictionaries were, quite frankly, wrong.
>
>  You'll have to update your configuration to use the new names for the
>attributes & values.  Compare th 0.9.3 dictionaries to the new ones to
>see what the values mean...
>
>  Alan DeKok.
>--

Thanks Alan. (Sorry for the reply that went to you alone).

How do you recommend I proceed when the A-V pair in question (Service-Type:Administrative-user) no longer exists in 1.1.0? The 1.1.0 dictionary only defines about 5 internal service types...

VALUE	Service-Type			Voice			12
VALUE	Service-Type			Fax			13
VALUE	Service-Type			Modem-Relay		14
VALUE	Service-Type			IAPP-Register		15
VALUE	Service-Type			IAPP-AP-Check		16

...whereas 0.9.3 defined many more (about 17, including Administrative-user). Would it be possible to simply use the old dictionaries (/usr/local/share/freeradius/*) on 1.1.0 as an interim solution until we have the new server built. We are trying to get this up asap. Not an elegent solution, but would it work? Or, do I need to dig deeper into some of those dictionary files to find a suitable A-V pair?

Andrew