MySQL authentication problem

Ian Truelsen ian.truelsen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 22:20:16 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 05:14 -0800, Alan DeKok wrote:
> Ian Truelsen wrote:
> > Thanks for the clarification. Now, I still have the problem that, if I
> > populate the users file with the same information that I have in my
> > radcheck table, I get a positive authentication on the user. Without the
> > users entry, I do not. Is there something else that needs to be
> > populated in the radius database, like the group tables, or something?
>
>   No.
>
>   Perhaps you could try describing what is going into the "users" file,
> and what you think it should be doing.

All I did with the users file was to duplicate the entry in the radcheck
table. So I have:

ian     Auth-Type := Local, User-Password == "test"

added to my users file and with that, radtest authenticates user ian.
Without it, user ian is not authenticated. The same information is
stored in my radcheck table:

mysql> select * from radcheck;
+----+----------+-----------+----+-------+
| id | UserName | Attribute | op | Value |
+----+----------+-----------+----+-------+
|  3 | ian      | Password  | == | test  |
1 row in set (0.01 sec)

--
Ian Truelsen
s/v Sting