Testing EAP-PEAP with freeradius

Bin Chen binary.chen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 03:25:05 CET 2007

Hi,

I want to deploy the EAP-PEAP in our WLAN hotspot, we are using EAP-TLS
before and it works fine with our AP. But a PKI is very inconvenient so
we want to migrate to EAP-PEAP.

Any changes need to be done to radiusd.conf? The client will provide the
user-name and password, the file 'users' will used to match the
user-name and password? And is it enough? I mean, in EAP-TLS it also
need user-name and password, just left the same as EAP-TLS?

And, I also want to know when the AP or Windows client encounter
obstacle to cooperate with this change, which client should I use to
verify in freeradius side the configuration is work but not the windows
client's problem? Can radclient be used and how can I do?

I am newbie to this area and may be silly question, any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Bin Chen