Freeradius-1.1.3 + Mysql ?

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Thu Jan 11 18:23:53 CET 2007

Hi,
> Hi list,
>
> I have compiled freeradius-1.1.3 with out any configure option. I don't have mySql server on my pc (ubuntu 6.10) . If i would like to store accounting information in mySql , what i have to do?  When i download mySql server package do i have to configure freeradius again or just configure radiusd.conf ?

if you built from source you will need to build from source again - this is because when you
ran ./configure, the automake script checks your compilation environment to see what libraries
and headers you have - thus what feature-sets can be enabled.

you will need to install the mysql-devel package to compile in support and install the mysql-server
package to have the mysql server and utils to USE mysql

alan