freeradius-1.1.3 + snmp...

Kevin Bonner keb at pa.net
Fri Jan 12 21:14:03 CET 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 13:19, adreas Polyxronopoulos wrote:
> > In your snmpd.conf file, do you have a line that looks like the
> > following? smuxpeer .1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1 public
>
> No i hadn't in my snmpd.conf a line like the follwing : smuxpeer
> .1.3.6.1.4.1.3317.1.3.1 public However when i add the line in my snmpd.conf
> at a random place in the file i got the same output. Do i have to write it
> in a specific     place in the snmpd.conf ?

That line can be added anywhere in snmpd.conf.  After it is added, you'll need
to HUP or restart snmpd for that config line to take effect.

> > Are there any errors in your log files that might indicate a problem
> > with your  snmpd config?
>
> I checked the radiusd.log but nothing useful.

I was referring to the snmp or system log files that might have any errors
listed for the SMUX registration.  An example from my logs is:

  Jan 10 23:30:15 radiustest snmpd[2238]: [smux_accept] accepted fd 13 from
127.0.0.1:32850
  Jan 10 23:30:15 radiustest snmpd[2238]: accepted smux peer: oid
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.3317.1.3.1, password verysecret, descr radiusd

> > Does freeradius exit without error or do you press Ctrl-C to kill it?
>
> No my freeradius exits without error and i don't press Ctrl-C to kill it.

Okay.  I think this is caused by the SMUX registration failure, which should
be fixed once you HUP the snmpd process.  I'll try to find time to test this,
but it should not be preventing you from getting FreeRADIUS+SNMP working.

Kevin Bonner