building 1.4 (CentOS 4.4) MYSQL

Andrew Long along at escapewire.com
Sun Jan 14 13:57:57 CET 2007

I have the server running and can now authenticate remotely and
records are correctly added to radacct. Part of our setup requires the
rlm_sqlcounter module. I inserted the $INCLUDE line and the output
tells me it is loading. However, I read in rlm_sqlcounter doc that you
must ./configure --with-experimental-modules. I did not do this.
Is it necessary to re-compile? (I DO see our daypasscounter queries

I think (off the top of my head) it is no longer necessary to compile
with experimental modules in order to use rlm_sqlcounter...

Will I be able to test it via ntradping assuming I create entries for
a test group in usergroup/radgroupreply (I need to see the full reply
with all sent strings).

BTW- I am a bit fuzzy on rlm_sql_log. As I am getting accounting without
it, can someone briefly elaborate on it's function. IE, if accounting
works in sql without it, what other function does it provide? (Yes, I
read the doc and am still fuzzy).

Andrew