Is there something available that is comparable to typical release notes for freeradius?

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jan 15 21:24:11 CET 2007

Ellis, Scott 1 (N-Comptel Inc.) wrote:
> I am running Redhat version 3.0 with Freeradius 1.0.1 bundled.
>
> I would like to upgrade to Freeradius 1.1.4.
>
> Is their documentation available (installation requirements) that I
> could review that would specify
> if Freeradius 1.1.4 will run under Redhat version 3.0, etc? Basically,
> release notes for Freeradius.

  We don't have the resources to test the server on every version of
every OS, unfortunately.

  I don't see why it wouldn't work.  You can use the "./configure
--prefix=/opt/freeradius-1.1.4/" option to install 1.1.4 in a separate
directory from 1.0.1.  So if something goes wrong with the 1.1.4
build/install, just nuke /opt/freeradius-1.1.4, and everything will be fine.