Strange behaviour of freeradius...?

James Wakefield jamesw at deakin.edu.au
Tue Jan 16 22:46:22 CET 2007

Polyxronopoulos Adreas wrote:

>  Do you think my AP doesn't say nothing to
> freeradius after the mac-address drop? There is nothing in the AP
> web-configuration which could set it on and solve the problem. If the
> problem is the nas there is not a solution ?
>
> Thanks a lot for your time....

I suspect the AP isn't sending Accounting-Stop in this situation, but
you can confirm that by running freeradius in debug mode (-X) and
watching the screen, or running a packet sniffer such as wireshark or
tcpdump.

If the AP isn't sending Accounting-Stop, and there's no way you can get
a better AP that does, I guess you could periodically run a script from
cron to log into the AP's web interface and grab the list of MAC
addresses and compare against what your accounting database thinks are
open sessions...

--
James Wakefield,
Unix Administrator, Information Technology Services Division

Phone: 03 5227 8690 International: +61 3 5227 8690
Fax:   03 5227 8866 International: +61 3 5227 8866
E-mail:   james.wakefield at deakin.edu.au
Website:  http://www.deakin.edu.au