rlm_eap: SSL error

James Lever j at jamver.id.au
Wed Jan 17 00:08:34 CET 2007

Hi List,

FreeRADIUS 1.1.4 on FreeBSD (5-STABLE), Apple Airport Extreme NAS,
MacBook Pro client, WPA2 Enterprise with 2k keys.

I'm having the much mentioned but very hard to get real information
about error below:

Wed Jan 17 08:00:11 2007 : Error:     TLS_accept:error in SSLv3 read
client certificate A
Wed Jan 17 08:00:11 2007 : Error: rlm_eap: SSL error error:
00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
Wed Jan 17 08:00:11 2007 : Error: rlm_eap: SSL error error:
00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)
Wed Jan 17 08:00:11 2007 : Auth: Login OK: [wireless-
client.jamver.id.au] (from client apple-basestation port 255 cli xx-
xx-xx-xx-xx-xx)

Now, the best explanation I can find on list is that it's safe to
ignore the 3 lines of errors, which, although appears to be very
accurate in that they have no effect on the running service, should
not be there if they are really not errors.

Can anybody explain what is actually causing these errors (and why)
and what would be required to silence them?

cheers,
James