help

John Wan J.Wan at mbs.edu
Thu Jan 18 04:43:52 CET 2007

Hi Alan,

Now everything works but the Active Directory authentication,Please see
the following output from "$ Radiusd -X" when a wireless client uses
"administrator" logon into the chillispot web logon page:

Ready to process requests.
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:32772, id=0,
length=223
        User-Name = "administrator"
        CHAP-Challenge = 0xa784482e8ac92fd573e87bbbad9ca58f
        CHAP-Password = 0x00f54cc04e288eec67feff0b13e9448bd2
        NAS-IP-Address = 0.0.0.0
        Service-Type = Login-User
        Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.182.5
        Calling-Station-Id = "00-16-6F-79-91-F4"
        Called-Station-Id = "00-05-5D-9E-0F-94"
        NAS-Identifier = "nas01"
        Acct-Session-Id = "45aec9a900000000"
        NAS-Port-Type = Wireless-802.11
        NAS-Port = 0
        Message-Authenticator = 0x97668bae73249b0dd4755ab03d364f34
        WISPr-Logoff-URL = "http://192.168.182.1:3990/logoff"
  Processing the authorize section of radiusd.conf
  modcall[authorize]: module "preprocess" returns ok for request 0
  rlm_chap: Setting 'Auth-Type := CHAP'
  modcall[authorize]: module "chap" returns ok for request 0
  modcall[authorize]: module "mschap" returns noop for request 0
    rlm_realm: No '@' in User-Name = "administrator", looking up realm
NULL
    rlm_realm: No such realm "NULL"
  modcall[authorize]: module "suffix" returns noop for request 0
  rlm_eap: No EAP-Message, not doing EAP
  modcall[authorize]: module "eap" returns noop for request 0
    users: Matched DEFAULT at 153
  modcall[authorize]: module "files" returns ok for request 0
modcall: group authorize returns ok for request 0
  rad_check_password:  Found Auth-Type CHAP
auth: type "CHAP"
  Processing the authenticate section of radiusd.conf
modcall: entering group Auth-Type for request 0
  rlm_chap: login attempt by "administrator" with CHAP password
  rlm_chap: Could not find clear text password for user administrator
  modcall[authenticate]: module "chap" returns invalid for request 0
modcall: group Auth-Type returns invalid for request 0
auth: Failed to validate the user.
Delaying request 0 for 1 seconds
Finished request 0
Going to the next request
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 1 seconds...
rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1:32772, id=0,
length=223
Sending Access-Reject of id 0 to 127.0.0.1:32772
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Waking up in 4 seconds...
--- Walking the entire request list ---
Cleaning up request 0 ID 0 with timestamp 45aecedc
Nothing to do.  Sleeping until we see a request.