monitoring freeradius with nagios

Keith Woodworth kwoody at citytel.net
Thu Jan 18 05:23:59 CET 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007, Mike wrote:

|->All,
|->When trying to use the "radauth" tool from nagios to monitor
|->freeradius, I get the following in the freeradius log:
|->
|->Error: WARNING: Malformed RADIUS packet from host ... too long (length
|->18432 > maximum 4096)
|->
|->radtest seems to be ok.  has anyone else experienced this or knows
|->what is wrong?

I know what some monitoring tool I used a while ago (whats up Gold I
think) I had to add the Ip of the whatsup server as a NAS to the allowed
list with the shared secret to monitor an old livingston radius server.

I have not tried with my Freeradius box yet, but I think I might just to
see. The FR is not in production as of yet so I'm not worried about it.