rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/peap: rlm_eap_peap.so:

María Félix Rodríguez mariafro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:07:18 CET 2007

Hi,
At first, sorry for my english, (I'm spanish :).

I've just installed freeradius, and I would like to use PEAP-MS-CHAP
authentication, I've configured needed files, and when I try to start
freeradius, with the debug option, y receive this messages:

 tls: private_key_file = "/ca/key_radius.pem"
 tls: certificate_file = "/ca/cert_radius.pem"
 tls: CA_file = "/ca/cacert.pem"
 tls: private_key_password = "radius"
 tls: dh_file = "/ca/dh"
 tls: random_file = "/ca/random"
 tls: fragment_size = 1024
 tls: include_length = yes
 tls: check_crl = no
 tls: check_cert_cn = "(null)"
rlm_eap: Loaded and initialized type tls
rlm_eap: Failed to link EAP-Type/peap: rlm_eap_peap.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory
radiusd.conf[9]: eap: Module instantiation failed.
linux:/lib #

I don't have too much experience in linux enviroments (this is a Suse
Interprise Server 9), and I don't have idea about what is happening.

I would need some kind of help, please.

Thanks a lot !!!
María.