Freeradius Postgres and Pap problem

Jack Allan jack.j.allan at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 22:25:13 CET 2007

Hi To All

If in postgressql.conf, I set num_sql_socks to a number x, then when I
run NTRadPing (or any other Radius client), I am only able to
successfully authenticate a user x times. After this, rlm_sql gives up
the ghost (at least I think???) and I need to restart the freeradius
server for anything to work. When I run in debug mode, it seems as if
the sockets are being closed once used (at least thats what it says on
the output). What is happening is that no attributes are being passed to
rlm_pap.

I am currently using freeradius version 1.1.3. I should also mention
that I have two instances of the SQL module - one for authentication,
the other for accounting. Also, I am using postgresql 8.2.

This is baffling me, and trawling through the mailing lists is not
yielding an answer.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me out.
Jack