radiusd and oracle accounting

Dan Geist dan.geist at cox.com
Mon Jan 22 17:41:29 CET 2007

I've had similar problems with other AAA-related logging systems where
it was important to have the records, but not necessarily immediately.

My solution was to sent the accounting data to another more easily
supportable resource, like syslog, and then use a system like syslog-ng
to aggregate it all to the db server and run a shell/perl script
periodically to import the records to the db. You loose a little bit of
speed, but if raw speed isn't that important, it's more easily
supportable and depending on you systems, possibly more robust.

Thanks.
Dan

--
Dan Geist | dan.geist at cox.com | (404) 269-6822
Cox Communications - Engineering Security