Freeradius + DHCP server ?

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Mon Jan 22 23:46:15 CET 2007

On Mon 22 Jan 2007 13:01, Phil Mayers wrote:
> Rafał Kamiński wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it works ?
>
> No
>
> > If yes, can somebody tell me how i can do that ?
> >
> > My users is auth. and i want get him some address IP.
>
> FreeRadius contains an ippool module suitable for assigning IPs to
> things like dialup links.
>
> Things like wireless/802.1x use DHCP, which FreeRadius does not support.
>
> You could use an Exec-Program to integrate an external DHCP server with
> FreeRadius, but you would have to write that yourself.

I made:

http://wiki.freeradius.org/DHCP

We probably should add it to the FAQ also..

> This is a FAQ - could someone who has registered with the Wiki (grr
> openid grr) add it?

I just checked out OpenID and it seems like a great way to allow the entire
world to spam your wiki! At least with the current system people have to go
to the trouble to sign up, AND wait for the account to be enabled for
editing (it happends automatically after a period of time has passed to
defeat signup bots).

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon