a freeradious/wireless solution for a school

Tas Dionisakos tas at newman.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jan 23 04:18:42 CET 2007

Im in a similar environment, after months of research I have come to the
following solution.

    * Apache
    * Freeradius
    * Chillispot
    * Mysql

I have a howto that will help you built a system like this in about half
an hour, email me if you want the doc.

Chillispot provides a captive portal which makes a user authenticate
(over ssl), then you have the power to apply restrictions like bandwidth
throttling, session time limit, etc.

The only maintenance is creating the account.

Tas.

Tas Dionisakos
IT Manager
St Mary’s College and Newman College