Ldap + EAP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 23 13:23:02 CET 2007

Rafał Kamiński wrote:
> Phil Mayers napisał(a):
>> Assuming you want the most common EAP type, PEAP/MS-CHAP, your LDAP
>> server must contain the users plaintext password or NT/LM hash, and you
>> must configure FreeRadius to extract this information and add it to the
>> configure items for a given request.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Can you tell me how configure FreeRadius to extract this information and
> add it to the configure items for request ?

You need the correct values in the "ldap.attrmap" file. The default file
comes with (amongst other) mappings:

checkItem       LM-Password                     lmPassword
checkItem       NT-Password                     ntPassword

> A set clear password in ldap and still i have that in debug mode:
>
> Login incorrect: [rka/<no User-Password attribute>] - rka is my user
>
> BR,

You'll need to add the relevant mapping e.g. if your cleartext password
is in "clearPassword" you would use:

checkItem	User-Password			clearPassword

Modify as appropriate.