Splitting the password field in freeRADIUS

Drumm, Daniel dgdrumm at bf.umich.edu
Tue Jan 23 22:04:37 CET 2007

As some of you may know, RSA SecurID servers now support RADIUS. The
Auth Manager comes with the Funk RADIUS sever embedded into it, and
supports a number of auth types, including EAP-OTP as well as the usual
types such as CHAP.

Is it possible to front end this type of server with FreeRADIUS, so that
NAS-Clients can send a tokencode prepended to, say, a Kerberos password
- and have the FreeRADIUS server forward the first 6 digits of the field
to the RSA server for tokencode validation - and the remaining charcters
to another RADIUS server, one that front-ends a Kerberos system? Only
when both fields return true is the authentication true.

Is this possible? I was looking at the various scripting options in
radius.conf, and don't know of anyone who has done this. Or if it can be
done.

Thank you.

Dan.

#
#  Pre-accounting.  Decide which accounting type to use.
#
preacct {
	preprocess

	#
	#  Ensure that we have a semi-unique identifier for every
	#  request, and many NAS boxes are broken.
	acct_unique

	#
	#  Look for IPASS-style 'realm/', and if not found, look for
	#  '@realm', and decide whether or not to proxy, based on
	#  that.
	#
	#  Accounting requests are generally proxied to the same
	#  home server as authentication requests.
#	IPASS
	suffix
#	ntdomain

	#