Small problem with authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jan 24 08:35:31 CET 2007

Mark Jones wrote:
> That is an exccert from our log this morning. Two users were denied
> access even though they supplied the correct username and password. This
> happens all the time exactly a few seconds prior to the filelock error.
> The file lock error is being generated because I use radrelay. I am
> running version 1.14.

  The thing I don't understand is that the two messages are unrelated.
The detail module isn't the unix module.  Accounting is not
authentication...

  If the messages appear close together a lot, that is suspicious.  But
I would think it's because of some *other* issue that's affecting both
authentication & accounting, like the CPU load spiking on the machine.