Setting check pairs in script when using exec

Patric patrict at bluebottle.com
Wed Jan 24 12:59:41 CET 2007

Hi guys,

This is my previous mail phrased differently, as after further
investigation I found what Im supposed to be asking.

Up till now have been using sql to authenticate, and am trying to change
to my own script and mysql db.

In radiusd.conf I have :

modules {
   exec exec-radauth {
   wait = yes
   program = "/path/to/script.php -- %{User-Name} %{Password}"
   input_pairs = request
   output_pairs = reply
}

authorize {
   exec-radauth
}

This all works perfectly when I include "files" in the authorize section
and place the following in the users file :

DEFAULT Auth-Type = Accept

But if I exclude "files" from the authorize section I get :

auth: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) configuration found for the
request: Rejecting the user
auth: Failed to validate the user.

So now I know that I need to set the Auth-Type check pair in my external
authentication script, but am not sure how to accomplish this.

Can anyone point me in the right direction with this problem?

radiusd: FreeRADIUS Version 1.1.3, for host i686-redhat-linux-gnu, built
on Sep 20 2006 at 14:13:13

Thanks in advance
Patric