radiusd and oracle accounting [unclas]

Ranner, Frank MR Frank.Ranner at defence.gov.au
Tue Jan 30 04:59:13 CET 2007

We had a system using Ciscosecure ACS that wrote the accounting records
to textfiles in a directory. A perl script using Dirwatch monitored the
directory and triggered a stored procedure in oracle which inserted the
data. If oracle wasn't available, the data just accumulated. Once oracle
was up again, the queue was processed.

Another solution would be to have an oracle replica on the radius box.
It can continue to insert records until the main oracle DB returns, and
processed the replication queue.

Regards,
Frank Ranner

	From: