SQL IP Pool maximum timeout.

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Tue Jul 3 00:59:40 CEST 2007

Dave <dave at optionsdsl.ca> said:
> I use the sqlippool setup for handling IP pools, and it works well,
> except I want to rid of the expiry time, (maximum timeout=0). right now
> its setting for 24 hours, and then it cleans itself out, and then
> freeradius starts handing out already assigned/used IP addresses.  Im
> not sure where to put the maximum timeout=0 value when using sqlippool.

That shouldn't happen, regardless of the expiry time.  The expiry_time value
in the radippool entries is derived from the 'lease-duraction' set in
sqlippool.conf.  But the expiry_time should only affect clearing unique
sessions which have gotten "stuck" (like for lost 'stop' packets).  It
shouldn't just start handing out in-use IP's based on expiry time.

What do you have $pool-key set to in sqlippool.conf?  And are you sure
whatever value you are using (usually either NAS-Port or Calling-Station-Id)
is a unique value from the NAS?

What flavor of db do you have - postgres or mysql?  They use different
configs, and depending where you got the query file from, you may have an
earlier broken version (especially if you are using MySQL).

What version of freeradius are you running?

   -- hugh