Wiki error

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Jul 4 23:08:30 CEST 2007

Roberto Greiner wrote:
> I know this is probably not the best place to report a problem with the
> wiki, but I don't have a login in it and there is no page to create one,
> and the 'bug report' link doesn't get to anywhere.
>
> The problem is in the http://wiki.freeradius.org/WPA_HOWTO page. Instead
> of having anything useful, its filled with links about crap, starting
> with 'buy diazepam' and going on, all with links pointing to pages in

  Spammers have more money than you or I.

  As background, I own a domain which is in the top 10 spammed domains
in the entire world.  I was getting 100K spams/day when most people
didn't know what "email" meant.

  Unfortunately, the people writing network software still don't get it.
 If you block a user for spamming a Wiki... their edits don't get
reverted.  Why would you want to do that?  It's hard for the authors of
the Wiki software to do, so they punt on the problem, and make the poor
site admins deal with it.

  <sigh>

  Spammers are part of the problem.  People who make it difficult to
fight spam are another big part of the problem.