Add $ to end of machine account uid

Cody Jarrett cody.jarrett at itfreedom.com
Fri Jul 6 16:42:17 CEST 2007

I need machines to be able to authenticate so that when a user who has
never logged onto a computer can, by the machine have an active network
connection and pulling the credentials from the samba-ldap domain. I
have a realm setup to strip the domain/ part of the username which works
fine, but I need to figure out how to add a $ at the end of anything
that tries to connect as uid=host/computername. I'm sure I can figure
out how to strip the host prefix, but can't quit figure out how to add
the $ to the end. Thanks.

--
Cody Jarrett
IT Freedom