pool-key issue in rlm_sqlippool

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Sat Jul 7 17:40:03 CEST 2007

[Changed the subject back again.  I have a bad habit of forgetting to change
it from the digest subject when I respond.  Time to switch lists, I guess.]

Peter Nixon <listuser at peternixon.net> said:
> > 	if ("%{control:Pool-Name}") {
> > 		if ("%{control:Huntgroup-Name" == "dialup") {
> > 			sqlippool_dialup
> > 		}
> > 		elsif ("%{control:Huntgroup-Name" == "wireless") {
> > 			sqlippool_wireless
> > 		}
> > 	}
>
> Nope. Accounting does not know which Pool-Name was used, or even IF a pool
> was used or not....

Doh!  And I'd just finished explaining how I set the Pool-Name up in the
authorize section.  Slaps forehead.

Does the Huntgroup-Name get set during accounting?  I may not know the pool
name, but if I know the Huntgroup, I know which instance of sqlippool I'll
need.

> Just list them both.

Yup.  That's how I've been testing it so far.  I was just trying to find a
way that would avoid unnecessary db queries.

> Even just fixing existing pages that you feel are unclear is helpfull as
> you
> are a new comer and have found by trial and error which bits are difficult
> to understand. That was years ago for many of the wiki authors :-)

Okie Dokie.

> Peter Nixon
> http://www.peternixon.net/
> PGP Key: http://www.peternixon.net/public.asc