setup question : mschap + perl authentication

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Jul 9 23:13:33 CEST 2007

Johan wrote:
> I'm wondering if it's possible to authenticate a user who is using
> mschap authentication with perl.

  Sure.  Just re-write all of the MS-CHAP authentication protocol in
rlm_mschap in Perl.

  But why the heck would you want to do that?

> I already made a perl script, which I use with rlm_perl to authenticate
> users to an ftp backend. I use that script to authenticate users from
> the authentication proxy of a Cisco PIX.

  Does the FTP backend support MS-CHAP?  If not, there's no point in
writing any Perl code to integrate the two.

> My next setup is to authenticate user requests from a Wireless Access
> Point with EAP-TTLS.
> Is it possible to do that with the radiusd.conf ?
>
> I already tried to setup like this in the authenticate section :
>
> mschap {
>   perl
> }
>
> But problem is, the perl script doens't seems to receive the same
> information as a PIX request. Do I need to modify my script to talk
> mschap ?

  I think you're randomly trying to get something to work, without
understanding what's going on.

> Is there a perl module to understand the mschap protocol ?

  Look on CPAN.  We don't manage Perl packages here.