Freeradius 2.0 - vmps feature, inaccuracies on FreeNAC

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 20:56:13 CEST 2007

Hi,

> If you're interested, perhaps I can make some constructive suggestions
> about ways FreeNAC could offer actual added value to medium/large orgs.
> All this is, of course, my personal opinion (and I've got to tell you,
> you've zero chance of selling to us because we don't work that way, but
> anyway... ;o):

I would go along with these things. obviously there IS a market for FreeNAC
as we continually have questions about the PHP web front end admin tool
which people seem to use.....

..but then add the extras in too

* integrated billing system
* improved ability to print access tickets
* add in support for trapeze/cisco/aruba specific extensions
and location awareness
* SNMP trap support for various edge events  (eg physical client disconnect, so
close accounting session)

alan