SQL IP Pool maximum timeout.

Hugh Messenger hugh at alaweb.com
Wed Jul 11 21:43:12 CEST 2007

Peter Nixon said:
> > I take that back. It seems like a good idea, but that will break things
> > for ISPs who have multiple NAS in failover or OSPF groups and therefore
> > can happily assign the same IP to the same user even if they are
> connected
> > to a different physical NAS.
>
> I changed my mind 10min after sending this reply. I have added a
> NASIPAddress
> check by default with a comment of why you may want to disable it in
> certain
> circumstances.

FYI, I added this to my MySQL config, been running it live for a few days,
works fine in my setup.  I think this is the right way to go, making it the
default, as the "certain circumstances" would tend to be the exception
rather than the rule.

I've also tested that "accounting on/off" change we discussed off-list, and
it now correctly frees all relevant IP's after a NAS reboot.

> Cheers

   -- hugh