Operator rlm_sql question

Dave techlist at mlode.com
Wed Jul 11 23:08:02 CEST 2007

HI,

I have a question regarding the rlm_sql module and the := operator. In going
through the documentation, the rlm_sql module goes through the radcheck
table, then pulls the reply items from the radreply table. Then the
usergroup, radgroupcheck and radgroupreply table. So if I specify for
example Framed-IP-Address = 192.168.1.1 in the radreply table for a user,
then specify Framed-IP-Address := 255.255.255.254 in a particular group
entry in the radgroupreply table, shouldn't the reply item become
Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254 in the reply? I was under the impression
that the := operator would add the reply item if it didn't exist, or modify
the value if it did already exist.

I am trying to set up one group where the user gets a static address
specified in the radreply table, then another group where they get dynamic
specified in the radgroupreply table based upon the NAS-IP-Address check in
the radgroupcheck table. But I always seem to get the static address, even
though the other reply items are correct for the respective groups.

This is with  freeradius 1.1.6, with the standard mysql table schema.

Thanks,

Dave