Upgrading from 0.9.3 to 1.1.3 or 1.1.6

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Fri Jul 13 13:25:37 CEST 2007

On Fri 13 Jul 2007, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> Peter Nixon [Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 12:57:32PM +0300]:
> > On Fri 13 Jul 2007, Nico Schottelius wrote:
> > > Hello!
> > >
> > > I tried to move our current freeradius 0.9.3 with mysql to a new
> > > machine running either 1.1.3 or 1.1.6 with postgresql.
> > >
> > > Converting the data was no big deal.
> > >
> > > But then I recognized that the sql.conf has wrong quoting for
> > > postgresql (was mysql specific). Corrected that.
> >
> > Thats because you are supposed to use postgresql.conf with postgresql.
>
> Also thought that, but when I installed it from ports (FreeBSD 6.2) I
> get this:
>
> [root at ddba017 /usr/local/etc/raddb]# ls
> acct_users              hints                   radiusd.conf.working
> certs                   huntgroups              samples
> clients.conf            old                     snmp.conf
> dictionary              preproxy_users          sql.conf
> eap.conf                proxy.conf              users
> example.pl              radiusd.conf
>
> So, perhaps the port is broken.

Yep

> I attached pg_dump -s -U pgsql radius from the new server that imported
> the old schema.

Can you also post the error messages for the queries that are failing.

The schema has changed quite a bit since those days, AND you have converted
from MySQL so almost your entire schema is currently non-default. We should
only have to change a couple of columns to make it "work" however. The other
changes are either performance changes, or fixes for new usage types. (For
example the UserName field changed from VARCHAR(64) to VARCHAR(253) in order
to fit the crazily long usernames that SIP and IPv6 gateways produce, which
wont affect you unless you are doing SIP or IPv6 accounting)

--

Peter Nixon
http://peternixon.net/