Reccomended switches for dynamic vlans

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Fri Jul 13 20:05:37 CEST 2007

Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Fri 13 Jul 2007, Peter Nixon wrote:

>>> *poke* *poke*, the codes in radclient *poke* *poke*
>>>
>>> Actually isn't it just a matter of sending a standard RADIUS packet with
>>> a POD packet type to a specified UDP port on the NAS ...
>>>
>> Yep. You will generally need to know the the disconnect key, but you will
>> notice that I added a field titled "XAscendSessionSvrKey" to radacct a
>> while back.. A couple of lines of perl and it all just works...
>>

> As Alan mentioned.. "all just works" in a non proxied environment.

Yep, just as he said, weirdness in proxied environment ... You also need
to start having packet type filters, though I can't imagine that would
be too hard, and may even be available with one of those sneaky internal
FreeRADIUS attributes.

But if Alan wants to succeed in world domination (this seems to be the
new code word),  then it's something the server has to support, along
with CoA packets.
Both in a local and proxied environment.