Reccomended switches for dynamic vlans

Arran Cudbard-Bell A.Cudbard-Bell at sussex.ac.uk
Sat Jul 14 00:30:29 CEST 2007

Peter Nixon wrote:
> On Sat 14 Jul 2007, Arran Cudbard-Bell wrote:
>
>> Peter Nixon wrote:

>>> Yep. You will generally need to know the the disconnect key, but you
>>> will notice that I added a field titled "XAscendSessionSvrKey" to
>>> radacct a while back.. A couple of lines of perl and it all just
>>> works...
>>>
>> Is that just the SessionId on most NASes ?
>>

> No
>

>> Erg i'm going to have to read RFC 3576 :(
>>

> I suggest you start with my summary here:
> http://wiki.freeradius.org/Disconnect_Messages
>
> Cheers

Ok
X-Ascend-Session-Svr-Key isn't included in the standard list of
identification attributes in  RFC 3576...
And seeing as it's a VSA for Ascend boxes, I don't see why it would be
used in any other kit ?

RFC just states that a packet with Code 40 should be sent, including a
list of identification attributes, and an optional Service-Type attr
with value Authorize Only, if only requesting termination of a session
and not CoA, to avoid ambiguous meanings of attributes, and ease
translation to Diameter.
On NAK NAS is also supposed to send an Error-Cause attr, describing the
reason for the NAK.

The fact that the Request Authenticator matches, should be enough to
ensure the Disconnect Message came from an authorised local RADIUS
server, and the RFC describes a reverse proxying method to use for use
when proxying...

Just need HP kit to support POD and CoA now ...