1.1.7 sqlippool %{SQL-User-Name}

Peter Nixon listuser at peternixon.net
Tue Jul 17 10:43:08 CEST 2007

On Tue 17 Jul 2007, Hugh Messenger wrote:
> Peter . as per your postgres 1.1.7 sqlippool queries, I changed the MySQL
> ones to use %{SQL-User-Name} instead of %{User-Name} . only it doesn't
> seem to pick up a value, so the UserName is coming up blank in the
> radippool table.

Alan. Can you help out here? From memory I am seeing the same thing in cvs
head. I ended up commenting out the username part of the query as I don't
actually do anything based on username in my system. It definitely needs to
be %{SQL-User-Name} though, as I was getting escape characters as the
username from some users and it was blowing up the sql queries. (HUGE
GAPPING SECURITY HOLE)

Is there something special we need to do in rlm_sqlippool to get access
to %{SQL-User-Name}?

Cheers
--

Peter Nixon