WPA2/AES + MSCHAPv2 + FreeRADIUS + NO AD/LDAP - Help w/ Local Config

cregester cregester at unitypg.com
Sat Jul 21 18:36:11 CEST 2007

Yes, I am aware of the config options in XP and Vista. Vista in particular is
what we are using here. I do not refer to the Vista configuration methods as
a supplicant (perhaps in error) because I think of a supplicant as
additional software (supplementing something...).

So what are you purposing I reconfigure in the Vista configuration? I have
changed it to PEAP settings, but as my initial issue states, Vista still
tries to send the PCNAME\Username format. There is not an option I'm aware
of to turn this off in Vista/XP. Since we are not joined to a domain, I need
that PCNAME\ stripped off and then authenticate the Vista Username/Password
against the users.conf file. That is what I can't figure out how to
configure.

Thanks for your continuing help!!