TLS cant connect ldap+freeradius+novell

Martin G kapten_kanelbulle at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:39:10 CEST 2007

Hello!

I exported the .b64 and used a program do decrypt the .b64 into a .pem and
put it in my /etc/freeradius/certs/WIFITREE_CA.pem then edited the
/etc/ldap/ldap.conf /etc/ldap/slapd.conf and /etc/freeradius/radius.conf to
point at the new .pem cert.

I connected to the novell-server and inspected what ports the ldap used and
its running on unencrypted 389 and encrypted port 636.

My ldapconf now looks like:
BASE: ou=adm,ou=malmo,o=wifi
URI ldap://10.10.0.11 ldap://10.10.0.11
TLS_CACERT /etc/freeradius/certs/WIFITREE_CA.pem
TLS_REQCERT demand
ldap_version 3
port 636
ssl start_tls
ssl on

------

when i use the line ldapsearch -vvv -H ldap://10.10.0.11 -x -Z -b
ou=adm,ou=malmo,o=wifi "cn=lotta" i recieve:
ldap_initialize( ldap://10.10.0.11 )
ldap_start_tls: Connect error (-11)
ldap_result: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)

But if i take away the -Z attribute, i get:
ldapsearch -vvv -H ldap://10.10.0.11 -x -b ou=adm,ou=malmo,o=wifi "cn=lotta"
ldap_initialize( ldap://10.10.0.11 )
filter: cn=lotta
requesting: All userApplication attributes
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <ou=adm,ou=malmo,o=wifi> with scope subtree
# filter: cn=lotta
# requesting: ALL
#

# lotta, ADM, MALMO, WIFI
dn: cn=lotta,ou=ADM,ou=MALMO,o=WIFI
zenzfdVersion::
PD94bWwgdmVyc2lvbj0iMS4wIiBlbmNvZGluZz0iVVRGLTgiPz48QWdlbnREYX
RhPjxWZXJzaW9uPjQuMC4xLjU5PC9WZXJzaW9uPjxWZXJX0ZVRpbWU+MTE0OTUwMTY4MjwvVmV
yV3JpdGVUaW1lPjwvQWdlbnREXRhPg==
zenpolPolicy: cn=UserZenPolPackage,ou=ZEN,o=WIFI#0#zenUserPackage
sasDefaultLoginSequence: ------No default------
uid: lotta
givenName: lotta
fullName: lotta whatever
Language: ENGLISH
sn: whatever
passwordUniqueRequired: FALSE
passwordRequired: TRUE
passwordMinimumLength: 5
passwordExpirationTime: 20070815131928Z
passwordExpirationInterval: 3456000
passwordAllowChange: TRUE
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: Person
objectClass: ndsLoginProperties
objectClass: Top
objectClass: radiusprofile
loginTime: 20070723095349Z
loginGraceRemaining: 6
loginGraceLimit: 6
cn: lotta
ACL: 2#subtree#cn=lotta,ou=ADM,ou=MALMO,o=WIFI#[All Attributes Rights]
ACL: 6#entry#cn=lotta,ou=ADM,ou=MALMO,o=WIFI#loginScript
ACL: 2#entry#[Public]#messageServer
ACL: 2#entry#[Root]#groupMembership
ACL: 6#entry#cn=lotta,ou=ADM,ou=MALMO,o=WIFI#printJobConfiguration
ACL: 2#entry#[Root]#networkAddress

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 2
# numEntries: 1

im not very good at certificates or ldap at all, but in my eyes, it seems to
work un-encrypted and not when i trie with the encryption. So it would be
either the port 636 or the certificate!?
And the novell tells me that the 636 port is used to accept encrypted
questions.
Might it be a fault when i tried to decrypt the WIFITREE_CA.b64 to
WIFITREE_CA.pem?

Any other idears?
(is there a nice/easy way to do it in linux? i downloaded a windowsprogram
and ftp:ed it to the linux-server)

(the freeradius also tells me like before that it cant get a tls-connection)

Thx for all help this far!!

/Mr G