rml_perl question

FreeRadius-ML freeradius at zap2link.com
Tue Jul 24 09:17:27 CEST 2007

Hi All,

  I've been tinkering with rlm_perl for a few days now, and found it to be fairly simple
and straight forward. However, there is something that I'm a little unsure about it's possibility,
so I would like to address the list about it.

  My aim is to have my rlm_perl script connect to a platform of mine, via a proprietary
socket protocol. I've noticed that the rlm_perl example is just made of functions, without
a main program. My question is this, if I include a main program loop, will that be executed
upon the loading of the rlm_perl module, and the execution of the functions by FreeRadius will
be performed in accordance to the main program loop? For example, I will open a socket in the
main loop, make sure it stays open, and the various functions will utilize the socket that
was opened in the main loop - is that possible, or am I misunderstanding something here?

Regards,
  Z2L