rml_perl question

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Jul 24 16:47:36 CEST 2007

FreeRadius-ML wrote:
>   Now I understand you better, and I agree, that would constitute a much more
> scalable method. In that case, I return to my previous question, do you have a
> working rlm_perl script that does this, as I would like to see how this works.

  If you can write Perl code to get the clear-text password from the TCP
server, then it's trivial.

  1) get the password from the TCP server

  2) $RAD_CHECK{User-Password} = "password"

  The whole *point* of the server design is to make everything as
trivial as possible.  As I've said before, tell the server what the
clear text password is, and the server will figure out the rest.
Re-implementing any authentication protocol that is already in
FreeRADIUS is pointless and a waste of time.